Keefe Technical Regional School
Dear Students and Families,
We appreciate how difficult it has been to access reading material since school closed in March. We hope and expect that during the summer months, students can and will continue to access books via the digital access links we have provided during our remote learning period. These links are here below.
Framingham Public Library Digital Collection
- No library card? No problem! Sign up for a temporary card here and get immediate access to their digital collection. You do not need to be a Framingham resident to sign up for a card! If you live in a different town, make sure you list the Keefe Tech address (750 Winter Street, Framingham, MA 01702) as your residence. If problems or questions, you can get in touch with John Garrigan, Supervisor of Youth Services, 508-532-5570 x4335 - email@example.com
Some families have asked about recommendations for good books for their children to read. We also offer these links to websites which list recommended young adult literature:
Our expectations for Summer Reading for 2020 are as follows:
- All students enrolled in a Keefe Tech English class are expected to read at least one book from the list below or any other high school level book. However, we encourage you to read multiple books throughout the summer.
- All students will be expected to write about your summer reading upon the opening of school in the fall, whether we open in person or do remote learning.
- The purpose of writing about your book is to provide a writing sample for your English teacher and to determine how you are able to compose your thoughts about a book you have read. Your writing will not be part of a term 1 grade.
- It is recommended that students take notes to help them write their essay; however, notes will not be collected or graded. Notes are allowed during the essay writing process. We suggest you use the Keefe Technical High School Summer Reading Worksheet.